Vegan Kitchen TOOLS
"Contigo AutoSeal Mug"
Flirting With Disaster
The Dangers of Desk Beverages Around Keyboards
I love to browse, read, and type my way through my morning brewed Kona Joe cup of coffee, but a few months ago I had to re-evaluate my morning ritual. Liquids anywhere on a desktop with a computer keyboard is as my husband, Rob-ART, says, "An accident waiting to HAPPEN!" And HAPPEN it DID!!!! I keep my MacBook Pro to my left on a desktop and my MacPro on my right. My coffee was poised in between the two and every time Rob-ART walked passed my desk he would hummmmm the tune to "You'll Be SORRY". I was confident that my neat and careful ways would triumph. But one day the unthinkable HAPPENED!
I turned to answer an email on my laptop and smacked my full cup of coffee into the awaiting thirsty keyboard of my beautiful back-lit MacBook Pro. YIKES! Rob-ART heard my screams from my office and came to the rescue. "TURN IT UPSIDE DOWN! And TURN IT OFF! " He grabbed the nearest can of air and I went to get towels. He didn't tell me, "I told you sooooo, but the look in his eyes said it all."
Salvage and Repair
Despite our attempts to dry everything out, the bigger problem was SUGAR! The once feather-light touch keyboard was now a key sticking mess. So off to the repair store it went. A spill like this on a laptop can often cause damage to the main logic board. And since customer caused damage is not covered by warranty, it can be a VERY EXPENSIVE REPAIR. Mercifully, only the keyboard had to be replaced! AMEN!
The Beverage Container Solution
I didn't want to repeat the accident again, so a search ensued for the ultimate, leak-proof drink container. The search lead to the purchase of four stainless steel Contigo Travel Mugs.
The Contigo Travel AUTOSEAL® Mug
Contigo guarantees that their Contigo Cups are impossible to spill, and 100% leak-proof. Bold claims I know, but their AUTOSEAL® will not drip or spill unless you press the button. Imagine, no more spills at the desk, in the car, in your backpack or bag! The Contigo Mug keeps my coffee hot all morning or my iced drinks cold all day... even in a hot car.
The Stainless Steel Contigo Travel AUTOSEAL® Mug has a double wall and is vacuum-insulated, ensuring that our hot coffee or other beverages stay that way for hours. We purchased four mugs in two colors so we could tell the difference in beverage types. We put ice cubes and bottled water in one and our favorite beverage in the other.
See It WORK
Seeing is believing...
How It Works
The Mug In Use
Contigo Travel Mug Benefits
• Patented AUTOSEAL® lid is 100% leak-proof and 100% spill-proof.
• Drinking made easy! Press to sip. Release to seal. AUTOSEAL® automatically seals between sips to ensure no spills.
• Vacuum-insulated technology keeps beverages hot for 4 hours, and cold for 12 hours.
• Contoured body makes this mug easy to hold and easy on the eyes... matches my Mac Computers!
• Will hold up to 16 ounces of your favorite beverage and fits most standard car cup-holders... Mini Cooper fans can put it in the back holder and get the children's version for the back.
• Constructed with a double wall and stainless steel inside and out for maximum performance.
• BPA free.
Contigo Travel Mug Care and Use
• Careful. The beverage you are about to enjoy is very hot. For best results always use caution.
• Press the AUTOSEAL® button when the tumbler is in the upright position and before lifting it to drink to release built-up pressure. Release button to seal mug.
• The AUTOSEAL® lid is only designed to fit your new Contigo® tumbler. It is not meant to be used on any other product.
• This product is leak-proof only when properly maintained and properly assembled, and the AUTOSEAL® button is in the closed position.
• Product can be used for both hot and cold liquids.
• Hand wash all parts with hot soapy water before use. Rinse thoroughly and dry. Always store with lid removed.
• Travel mug lid is dishwasher safe. Hand wash recommended for mug bodies.
• Prior to drinking, check to ensure the lid is properly threaded to body and secured tightly.
• Sealing lid is designed to help prevent spills from accidental tipping.
• Do not use cleaners containing bleach, chlorine, abrasives, and/or other harsh chemicals.
• Do not microwave and do not freeze.
• Do not overfill. Fill liquids to just below the lid threading. Hot liquids can burn user.
• Do not fill with boiling liquids. Liquid temperatures should be 90 degrees or less to avoid burning.
• Not intended for carbonated beverages as pressure build-up can cause leaking or spraying.
• Keep out of reach of children when filled with hot liquids.
New 20 Ounce Size
Contingo Travel Mug
If 16 ounces isn't quite large enough for your beverages, Contigo has created a taller thinner 20 ounce size for "mega drinkers"!
BUY the NEW Contigo AUTOSEAL West Loop Stainless Steel 20-Ounce Travel Mug
Needless to say, I L-O-V-E m y Stainless Steel Contigo Trave l AUTOSEAL® Mug. My husband, Rob-ART, and I have two each in different colors and I wrote my name on the bottom of each with a marker pen in case I leave it sitting somewhere other than the office.
Pros: No more spills or costly repairs at BareFeats.com and ChezBettay.com
Cons: I'd prefer to have a larger capacity so I don't have to refill as often. Just a thought!
I highly recommend this addition for your travel kitchen, office and all-round drinking container. Just refill and save a plastic bottle.
BUY the Red & Silver Contigo AUTOSEAL Stainless Steel Mugs Combo